Just before use.
Signup for relevant jobs and job advice from Uncubed, delivered straight to your inbox. You are able to unsubscribe whenever you want.
Sr. Item, Regulatory & Business Counsel
LendUp, Oakland, CA (temporarily remote)
Our objective is offer a person with a road to better health that is financial.
LendUp actually monetary technology startup located in Oakland centered on changing the subprime credit and financing room. We’re a Y-Combinator alum w12 that is(YC supported by prominent investors such as for example Bing Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, and Kapor Capital. Our item will be found in 7 states and we’ve seen press that is great into the Wall Street Journal, Financial circumstances, CNN, NBC, TechCrunch, Venturebeat, Inc, Wired, Bloomberg, Fortune, and Dow Jones, and the like.
Just what we’re doing:
At LendUp we have been on a objective to supply you aren’t a path to higher health that is financial. Huge numbers of people don’t have admission to quality credit. Their options are usually restricted and unjust, therefore’s very easy to be caught in a financial obligation period. This is actually the problem that is first attempted to resolve, by making use of our mixed expertise in pc software, information technology, credit, and training, to the shared passion for economic health insurance and dignity.
Our core item, the LendUp Ladder, is an alternate to pay day loans that transforms a trap into a chance to borrow at reduced prices and build credit. And each time, we come across our clients succeed. We’re building extra financial loans that can help united states further speed up our objective of providing you aren’t a path to higher health that is financial.
The Sr. Product, Regulatory and Corporate Counsel are going to be in charge of employed in close partnership with specific sections and get across practical groups to supply legal and regulatory guidance as LendUp develops, implements and updates its services and products.
- Advise company lovers who will be taking care of brand new and existing items from item development through launch, including conformity advising with regards to such items
- Offer timely, concise and business-focused advice that is legal federal and state customer banking and financing laws and regulations, including Regulation E, TILA and Regulation Z, MLA, ECOA, FCRA and UDAAP, and banking laws like BSA/AML, and data privacy and security regulations.
- Advise the LendUp product group on item advertising, adverts and disclosures.
- Offer regulatory advice to LendUp’s commercial and federal government relations counsel to aid with negotiating commercial and bank agreements, and help legislative and policy issues.
- Offer advice that is regulatory help to LendUp’s conformity group.
- Make use of banking institutions in developing cardholder agreements, disclosures as well as other product security
- Instruct and handle outside counsel, since necessary
- Manage LendUp’s state lending certification requirements, including acquiring and licenses that are maintaining
- Structure and draft loan agreements for LendUp items
- Handle litigation and work things, and any matter impacting a ongoing company, as required to offer the company
- A proven high-caliber, skilled, solution-oriented and proactive lawyer with expertise in the financing area
- Deep experience analyzing and advising on an array of problems pertaining to the economic solutions industry, with certain expertise on customer banking that is digital individuals in several payments systems, including issuer processors and payday loans KY system supervisors, sub-prime and installment loans, such as the laws and regulations, regulations pertaining to banking institutions and state certified
- Deep comprehension of Regulation E, Regulation Z, BSA/AML, TILA, ECOA, FCRA, MLA and state rules associated with lending
- Capability to balance working on their own with small guidance and dealing closely and collaboratively within a tiny team that is legal
- Capacity to interface effortlessly along with known amounts of the business (professional administration, HR, company divisions, etc. ) and also to gain the trust and self-confidence of other people
- An enthusiastic feeling of ownership, and very adaptable up to a environment that is fast-changing
- A business that is solid with practical danger understanding
Education and Experience
- JD and 8+ years of expertise, including exercising in-house at a overly busy FinTech startup business (or perhaps in an comparable environment) for at the very least 36 months, with significant give attention to customer lending
- Preferred prospect could have experience in the repayments room, straight with regulators representing certified businesses, and negotiating and drafting complex monetary solutions agreements
- Established solution oriented and problem that is creative
- Power to manage assignments that are multiple, with effective quality of conflicting priorities
- Exemplary written and oral interaction abilities and capability to work both in teams and independently
- Admitted to your CA a situation bar or authorized counsel that is in-house hawaii Bar of Ca
- Love of life
LendUp has everything you’d expect from a company that is mission-driven like a competitive income; very early phase equity; 100per cent business paid medical, dental and eyesight insurance coverage; large vacation/sick leave policy; 401(k).
But right here’s that which we love about LendUp lifetime:
- We’re invested in a diverse and comprehensive tradition that spurs innovation and produces a significant and work environment that is impactful
- Certainly one of our values is “different backgrounds, exact same mission. ” We’re passionate about diverse prospects and also slack networks committed to anything from mu
LendUp is definitely an Equal Possibility Manager
We increase equal job opportunities to qualified candidates and workers for an equal foundation no matter of ones own age, race, color, intercourse, faith, nationwide beginning, impairment, intimate orientation, sex identification or phrase, maternity status, marital status, armed forces or veteran status, genetic disposition, or virtually any explanation protected for legal reasons.