(1) “Debt collector” means a licensee, officer, worker, or representative of the licensee, or anyone acting being a financial obligation collector for a licensee, or anybody while serving or trying to serve process that is legal some other individual associated with the judicial enforcement of every financial obligation caused by a short-term loan created by a licensee.
(2) “Borrower” means somebody who has a highly skilled or delinquent loan that is short-term. For the intended purpose of this section, the definition of “borrower” includes the borrower’s partner, moms and dad, in the event that debtor is a small, guardian, executor, or administrator.
“correspondence” means the conveying of data regarding a financial obligation directly or indirectly to virtually any individual through any medium.
(4) “Consumer reporting agency” means any individual that, for financial costs, dues, or for a cooperative nonprofit foundation, regularly partcipates in whole or in component within the practice of assembling or evaluating credit information or any other info on customers for the intended purpose of furnishing customer reports to 3rd events and that utilizes any means or facility for the intended purpose of planning or furnishing customer reports.
(5) “Location information” means a consumer’s residence, cell phone number, or where you work.
(B) When chatting with anyone apart from the debtor for the true purpose of acquiring location information regarding the debtor, your debt collector shall determine self, declare that the reason for the interaction is always to verify or correct site information concerning an individual, and, as long as expressly required, determine the debt collector’s manager. Your debt collector shall perhaps not do some of the after:
(1) suggest that the individual for who location info is being looked for is a debtor or owes any financial obligation;
(2) talk to anyone over and over again unless required to do this by such individual or unless your debt collector fairly thinks that the sooner reaction of these person is erroneous or incomplete and that such person now has proper or complete location information;