Educational Funding & Scholarships
The workplace of Financial help and Scholarships reports to your Vice Provost for Enrollment Management including listed here units that are functional workplace of Undergraduate Admissions, school funding and Scholarships, scholar Suggestions Systems therefore the workplace of this University Registrar.
The University of Kansas workplace of Financial help and Scholarships (FAS) acts students, families, in addition to community by giving federal, state, and institutional aid that is financial and resources to help pupils in attaining their academic objectives. FAS is focused on quality that is providing help solutions to its constituents while keeping accountability within the administration of general public, institutional, and personal educational funding funds. Services are made to offer the academic objectives associated with the student that is individual the goals for the college because they connect with retention and graduation.
This place is crucial in administering education loan, work-study, and give programs. These obligations need strong social abilities, focus on detail plus the capacity to make use of a student that is diverse, also an aptitude for administering school funding programs to make sure compliance along with Federal Title IV laws. The employees user in this place must effortlessly administer aid that is financial in help of our mission to make certain access and help development and gratification of our pupils.
Job explanation 40% Coordination of all of the Loan Programs
- Must keep strong familiarity with federal loan laws to make certain conformity and defenses regarding the University’s fiduciary obligations to both pupils and our campus lovers.
- Oversees the daily processing of Direct Loans and personal loans.
- Insures conformity by reviewing loan that is daily/weekly to examine and resolve pupil degree problems surrounding yearly and aggregate loan restrictions, NSLDS checklists, along with other eligibility problems.
- Executes reconciliation that is monthly of Loan programs together with scholar Suggestions Systems and Financial solutions.
- Supervises the mortgage Coordinator whom manages the processing for personal and federal loans, including PLUS and Grad PLUS loans.
- Determines eligibility for loans, procedures loans, monitors alterations in eligibility, and adjusts help properly.
- Develops and keeps procedure and policy papers pertaining to all loan programs.
- Assesses loan processing tasks and makes tips for increased efficiency.
40% Work Research and Give Management:
- Administers the Federal Work-Study (FWS) system and Kansas job Work-Study (KSCWS) programs; determines eligibility and prizes appropriately.
- Monitors the FWS investment student and balance profits, including using the DEMIS portal plus the Oracle Analytics Cloud (OAC) to trace expenses.
- Corresponds aided by the Shared Service Center regarding FWS earnings restrictions, prospective increases in honors, and fund that is retroactive.
- Functions as the FWS liaison and offers training to campus spot loans 24 7 near me lovers.
- Accountable for keeping up to date with federal laws linked to FWS and developing/updating policies that are annual procedures.
- Serves as the liaison towards the University profession Center into the management of this Kansas job Work-Study Program.
- Determines eligibility and prizes the KU Global Student Tuition Grant (KUISTG). Communicates with Student Account & Receivables regarding Glacier documents conclusion and places/releases holds on records.
- Determines eligibility and administers the Federal EDUCATE grant, including reporting and maintenance of pupil documents within the typical Origination and Disbursement system.
20% Financial Education and Provider Delivery
- Counsels potential and current pupils and families regarding school-related school funding concerns, and reacts completely to escalated inquiries, such as the application and awarding process, cost management and also the securing of resources to generally meet costs.
- Reacts to complex concerns (including escalated phone calls and visits) from potential pupils, present students, moms and dads, campus colleagues yet others regarding aid that is financial and extra money has to go to, progress and graduate.
- Assists with outreach tasks ( e.g. FAFSA conclusion, twelfth grade occasions) to guide recruitment tasks together with KU Admissions office, and also other educational funding activities on campus for present pupils.
- Bachelor’s degree with couple of years experience that is relevant Master’s degree at time of visit.
- Experience employed in educational funding, scholarships, admissions, advising or related section of advanced schooling.
- Experience producing efficiencies through technology, including experience with data question and analytics.
- Exemplary interaction abilities as evidenced by the application form materials and meeting procedure.
- Experience with interpreting federal regulations and developing/implementing programs to adhere to those laws.
- Demonstrated strong solution distribution abilities, including working together with a diverse populace.
- Demonstrated skill and experience in problem-solving for many different circumstances.